Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


Jeff's Autographs and Thoughts

I moved to the Rio Grande Valley 4 years ago this past May. I had collected autographs on and off since I was 7 years old, and with the lack of social life I have here; I've picked it back up again and made many great online friends and picked up quite a few new 'graphs in the process. This blog is meant to both share my successes/failures and if its important, what's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"Police Woman", an ancient oxymoron


A long time ago, in a galaxy....oops, wrong show! Its hard to believe that in the not too distant past, the concept of a woman being a police officer was totally unheard of. I'm the type of person who truly believes every man, woman and child should be able to follow their dreams and not be biased upon by age, sex, gender, etc. Angie Dickinson and Earl Holliman (whose autograph I was delighted to get) brought acceptance to the woman Police officer thing with the inventive TV show "Police Woman" in the 70's, which by the way, according to Earl, is coming out on DVD (Season 1) on March 7th. If you've never seen it, check it out, it was definitely a rebellious show for that time period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home