Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


Jeff's Autographs and Thoughts

I moved to the Rio Grande Valley 4 years ago this past May. I had collected autographs on and off since I was 7 years old, and with the lack of social life I have here; I've picked it back up again and made many great online friends and picked up quite a few new 'graphs in the process. This blog is meant to both share my successes/failures and if its important, what's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Unsolicited cruelty


When I remember Debb from Survivor who was the first casualty of Survivor Outback, I don't as much remember her short time on the show, other than why she got booted, as to her after show drama. I wasn't really that shocked, because it seems that kind of thing happens all the time, but I just don't understand what motivates people to be so hurtful. After her husband died, Debb fell in love with and married the son of her late husband from a prior relationship, and Debb apparently had a lot of people condemn her across the country for doing that. Sure, the scenario is a little bizarre, but two lonely, sad people found love and happiness in a dark situation so why on earth do people (especially people with no connection to them) feel it necessary to go out of their way to send hate mail and talk trash. Many years later, I can still visualize Debb's tears on the Survivor Reunion show. Apparently, their love still stands strong, as Debb inscribed my photo "Life is Good". Glad to see it, and from what she wrote on my friend's picture she no longer watches "Survivor". But I wouldn't blame the show, I'd just say there's sadly a lot of people lacking love in their own life out there that feel the need to drag someone down. Glad Debb didn't let them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home