Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


Jeff's Autographs and Thoughts

I moved to the Rio Grande Valley 4 years ago this past May. I had collected autographs on and off since I was 7 years old, and with the lack of social life I have here; I've picked it back up again and made many great online friends and picked up quite a few new 'graphs in the process. This blog is meant to both share my successes/failures and if its important, what's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Believe in Yourself



Butch Lockley's luxury item in Survivor Amazon was a banner stating "Believe in Yourself". This is something I've had a hard time with my entire life. I've sold insurance and was great at it, sold long distance and was great at it. Did charity work raising money, was great at it; and have worked for bloodbanks the last 12 years and have been phenomenal at it, all because they were all things I believed in. Granted insurance wasn't the most interesting thing to sell, but I believed in the company I worked for and was able to sell that. However, one thing I've always had a hard time selling is myself. I've never looked at myself in any "great" light just because I think, well what I'm good at is how I was made, so how can I take any credit for that. But believing in myself and being conceited about myself are two totally different things, and I think I've confused one with the other for quite a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home