Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


Jeff's Autographs and Thoughts

I moved to the Rio Grande Valley 4 years ago this past May. I had collected autographs on and off since I was 7 years old, and with the lack of social life I have here; I've picked it back up again and made many great online friends and picked up quite a few new 'graphs in the process. This blog is meant to both share my successes/failures and if its important, what's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Be Kind to Animals



After moving to Arizona, the thing that fascinated me the most was all the different wildlife that lives here. I've never, in my many travels, seen a "Bear Crossing" sign; and I've learned through life, I tend to be more compassionate toward animals than I am to other human beings. I am much more likely to stop at the side of the road to help a lost dog, or wounded animal than I am another human being. I feel a bit guilty about that at times, but animals don't go to the side of the road to trick those compassionate folks that exist in this world. Two Survivors who showed that same compassion for animals are zookeeper Cindy Hall, who you'd often see paying attention to the noises and animals that were there in Guatemala, even to the extent that after coming back to the States, she felt like she left "home", and Jan Gentry who had a very moving moment burying a baby bat that had died. I know many people who have absolutely no concern or compassion for nature, which is a shame. It tends to put life in perspective for me as to what's important and what's not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Great Survivor collection you have. I've met and interviewed several of the different seasons' contestants and most are very nice.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home