Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


Jeff's Autographs and Thoughts

I moved to the Rio Grande Valley 4 years ago this past May. I had collected autographs on and off since I was 7 years old, and with the lack of social life I have here; I've picked it back up again and made many great online friends and picked up quite a few new 'graphs in the process. This blog is meant to both share my successes/failures and if its important, what's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

Monday, October 24, 2005

Grandpa....


Certain autographs help bring back memories for me, some recent, some from days gone by; this autographed photo from Earle Hyman (Grandpa Huxtable) helped me reminisce of both my grandfathers who have passed on many years ago. I enjoyed both of them in different ways. One knew how to earn respect. He never raised a hand to either me or my sister but we always knew when we were misbehaving just by his look. He was a man of few words, but I never forget when he cried when my grandma was in the hospital and he didn't know where she was. The other was very soft spoken and had always told us about stories from the "good old days". I remember walking with him to his favorite coffee joint many times and they are both truly missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home